Christmas is very special to me in so many ways. It is a time to celebrate. Sending a card to friends and family to take part in the celebration is a small thing we all can do. I love getting cards, especially handmade cards. Handmade cards are the ones we display with pride and don’t want to ever throw out.
I will explain and show you how to make an amazing handmade card that will thrill anyone who is on the receiving end. The list of materials needed are:
- Paper cutter
- Card stock
- 6 different craft paper choices that coordinate
- Glue stick
- Bone folding tool for nice clean folds
- Cut card stock 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ to make 2 cards
- Cut one of each size from your 6 craft papers
- Glue the 5″ x 3 1/2″ piece to card stock
- Glue the 4 1/2″ x 3″ piece to the top layer
- Fold all squares – First fold square in half and then open it up. Next fold square into a diagonal to form a triangle, open back up and repeat the triangle the other direction. Open up and push the center folds into each other to form one triangle. Each square fold the top layer alternating. (See photo)
- Glue down each tree piece starting from the bottom piece and tuck each piece into each other. Leave enough space at the top to add your star.
- Finally add your star using a stamp, sticker, paper cut-out or buttons.
- First layer – 5″ x 3 1/2″
- Second layer – 4 1/2″ x 3″
- Tree bottom – 3″ x 3″
- Next treat layer – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Next tree layer – 2″ x 2″
- Top tree – 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″
Happy card making!