One of the first steps towards creating a beautiful healing lifestyle is to purify. Cleansing your space of the toxic energies, products, people and clutter really has a powerful way of shifting your life into a place of not just healing, but pure bliss. So take a moment and reflect on the areas in your life now that need cleansing. Write anything that comes to mind down so you can begin to transform these areas one at a time. The key here is to enjoy the process and not to let it feel overwhelming.
- My list started like this:
- Physically cleaning and using non-toxic products
- Toxic relationships
- Cleansing my body through food and exercise
- Removing clutter
- Editing my “stuff” down to what makes me happy
- Creating a pantry of organic healthy staples
- Donating or repurposing items
- Designing spaces for yoga/meditation, relaxing, writing, sleeping soundly and grounding
The list can go on and on, but you can see how the basics are at the top getting more specific as I go on. So I would love to answer any of your questions on what you want to cleanse, but let’s start with a few basics.
WATER is the best representation of cleansing. It has been used ceremoniously since the beginning of time. Water is important ecologically, but is also a huge factor in healing.
- Choosing proper filters for your home to eliminate nasty chemicals and additives is a huge step in cleansing your home and ultimately healing you. I personally use Waterwise to clean/distill my drinking water and always have a filter on my shower/baths.
There are also other fun ways to incorporate your new purified water into your self-care practice.
- Having a tea ceremony using organic herbs such as lavender or chamomile before bed will be very relaxing and keep you hydrated.
- Drawing a relaxing bath with beautiful natural products. I love adding organic Doterra essential oils to create my own blend along with coconut oil and magnesium salts to heal and hydrate.
- You can add fresh herbs or fruit in a uniquely designed large glass to make sure you are staying hydrated throughout the day and have a pitcher of water on your nightstand.
“Be sure you are creating pure chemical free water for you and your loved ones.”
AIR is essential to our being. Take a moment to close your eyes and take three long breathes in and out. Do you feel yourself beginning to relax a little? Air and breathing go hand in hand, so make sure you are creating pure air in your home to promote health and healing.
Three ways to promote healing with pure air:
- Opening windows just enough to allow air to trickle in.
- Bringing nature indoors with plants. I personally love plants and always have an orchid and spider plant in my room as well as aloe vera somewhere in the house. These are easy to maintain, and aloe also does a body good. A simple trick to keep your orchid thriving is to keep it in an area with indirect sunlight and water it with one simple ice cube a week.
- Choosing non-toxic materials and furniture that do not off gas those nasty chemicals you need to avoid. Some simple ideas are using low VOC paint to freshen up your space or organic cotton furniture.
“Go buy some plants and begin eliminating toxic items from the home.”
CLEANING isn’t everyones favorite, but you can change this way of thinking and clean consciously.
- Move through each room with love and intention. Clean spaces make for a happy healthier wellbeing.
- Use natural inexpensive ingredients to create your own cleaning products. A basic list includes; white vinegar, baking soda, borax, lemon juice, olive oil, washing soda, castile soap and my favorite essential oils. I love to alternate using different citrus essential oils or create a blend that will clean and detoxify your home, while uplifting your body, mind and soul.
A recipe I use as my everything cleaner is: 2 parts borax, 2 parts castile soap and 1 part washing soda loaded with any mixture of essential oils including at some citrus. Place these in a glass spray bottle; mix with warm distilled water, shake and start cleaning while breathing easier.
- Consider some feng shui when cleaning to bring balance and a new energy to your space. Arranging things creatively and de-cluttering can make a huge difference. Some examples are to “unplug” your bedroom by limiting or eliminating all together the amount of electronic devices. I mention above bringing nature indoors, but don’t forget to water them! Add some extra comfort with lots of soft fabrics and make sure to wash fabrics with non-toxic environmentally friendly products!
“Your body and world will thank you.”
Overall any of these changes will begin your transformation into a pure healing lifestyle. The main concept I learned is to not overcomplicate the journey. There will be good days and bad ones, but each step in the right direction is positive and will raise your vibration.
I would love to hear from you. How are these simple changes affecting your life and the ones you love?